Branding with MotoGP vs Network Marketing
What has MotoGP to do with Network Marketing? Absolutely nothing, but there is something I’ve learned from being there live.
And this cleared and confirmed again what I believe is the most important thing about building your home business.
That particular thing is “Branding”
And to be exact, branding yourself and position yourself as the go to person.
I know this might raise some questions, like: What has MotoGP to with network marketing and branding Robert?
It all has to do with Valentino Rossi.
You’ve probably heard of this, 9 times world champion, Italian guy and if I said 46, we all know what I mean by that.
This guy rules the motoGP scene and gets all the attention.
He has got raving fans all over the world and people adore this fella like he is a god.
But what separates him from the other riders like Jorge Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa, Marc Marquez or Andrea Dovizioso?
These riders also are champions and still fighting front positions and claim podiums.
Valentino Rossi knows branding and he has become the brand Valentino Rossi. VR46
He now is known more for the brand than riding and changed the way people look at MotoGP
With all of his remarkable actions throughout the years and off course his riding skills, this man was able to make motorsport interesting and fun for not only motorbike fans, but also their families.
His presence, on and off the circuits, is always good for media and he really knows how to play the game about media.
See the video below to get a glimpse from Rossi’s career and how he has made a huge impact to the sport.
Not only is Rossi a talented racer but he sure has true entrepreneurial skills. As off from today he has its own fan stores traveling with the MotoGP over the world and he also takes care and distributes other riders and teams fan based promotional products.
And all this couldn’t have happened if he didn’t build the Valentino Rossi brand. Now I’m honest to say that he probably didn’t build it on purpose at first, but because of his presence and the way he played with the public and media sure gave him a good start.
The comparison that I would like to draw on this, is that if you want to stand out and create your own fans for your products, services or opportunity, you need to brand yourself instead of your company.
If Rossi build a brand for his bike, let’s say Honda, and Honda get all the fans, the hype and the brand, what would have happened with Rossi if he switched to Yamaha?
Does this make any sense to you?
I know you really love your company and its products, but what if your company decides to make some changes you don’t agree with.
Now imagine having thousands of people in your team, all there because of the great company and you want to move to another company…… What would your team of thousands do?
Yes, some will go with you, but if they were there because of YOU, chances are that the majority of them will come over with you. And let me say this is just an example to make my point here.
I’m not saying this to dis all the network marketing companies, but I believe they can take care of themselves on branding their business don’t you think.
In fact, I honestly believe if they teach you personal branding it will benefit them more then teaching you how to post THEIR names on social media and let people google it to find out it’s a scam!
Remember this: You are the constant in any endeavor you ever take on, so why not stand out, take the credits and attract people to YOU?
Just be YOU and get yourself out there and work on your personal branding.
Now let me give you some tips how you can start branding yourself.
- Be aware of your image on Social Media and any other content you put out in the world. Be yourself but also be very aware of what you are portraying and if this attracts your ideal customer. To me the best tool to use and attract people is having a personal branded blog.
- Be specific about what you do to attract the right customers. Learn about that and master it to become a credible expert. Who is your perfect customer and why should they come to you?
- Consistently put out valuable content to your audience to create an association of value with your personal brand.
- Interact and engage with the people that follow and engage with you. Keep cultivating your fans and provide valuable content in a way that you get the Know Like and Trust factor.
- Before ever putting out content, always think to yourself “is this on brand”? Always consider if your content is on brand and serves your audience.
- Invest in yourself in order to increase the value of YOU and your personal branding. You need to provide more value if you want to make more money. If you want to provide more value, you probably need to invest in people or courses to make you more knowledgeable. Translate this knowledge into action and content that serves your community. ILT is how it’s best explained. Invest, Learn, Teach. Invest in your knowledge, Learn and implement, Teach it to others. This model is the simplest way if you want to start branding yourself.
Now let me share one more important thing. This won’t happen overnight. It takes time to build a personal brand and a lot of effort to do so. Yes, I know the shortcuts and how you can start as soon as you finished this post. I’m honest to say that it’s going to take time and money to build your personal brand. Like to start branding YOU, become the credible expert and let people ask you what you are about? Shoot me a message and I promise to show you all the details.
That’s it for this post. I hope you’ve got some value from it and understand what branding could mean for you and your business.
Thanks for reading and love to talk to you on the next post.
If this post was helpful to you, I would highly appreciate if you commented below and shared on Facebook so it can be helpful to others too.
If you want training about: prospecting, recruiting, teambuilding, YOUbranding, leadgeneration, socialmedia, mindset, attractionmarketing? Please contact me or visit one of my websites to find out more.
If you liked this post about “Branding with MotoGP vs Network Marketing” I’d love for you if you tweet, share and comment.
PS: If you think your recruiting needs some improvend because of your current results, I’m happy to share you this free training on recruiting. Watch It Here!
PPS: If you have any questions about this topic, please feel free to ask me. I’ll be more than happy to serve you and show you some directions firstname.lastname@example.org